Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Early Bird Special

I have 22 "regular" ed students in my class and 2 "special" ed students.  That's a ratio of 24 to 1, not in my favor.  It's so draining to have this many small beings needing me all day long I'm exhausted by lunch. 

At 43, I sometimes feel 103, or what I imagine that age feels like.  My feet hurt, my back hurts, my neck hurts, my muscles need massaging, I eat early and go to bed early, and wake up really early.  I take Joint Juice for crying out loud, and sleep on a Tempurpedic mattress with a Tempurpedic pillow after a hot bath.  I yawn through happy hour.  I don't like to commit to social get-togethers too far in advance in case I'm too tired, or in too much pain, to muster the energy to get dressed and put on make-up.  I can fake it for only too long and that train usually leaves the station when the last bell of the day rings at 2:55 pm.  Sometimes my first thought in the morning is, "I'm am soooo going to bed early tonight!"  If it weren't for coffee...

This year has been especially hard, even though I had pneumonia last year, because of my foot injury, further proving that to teach one must be in top shape physically.  I never knew exactly how much time I spent on my feet until I was grounded.  I never knew how many times I walked across campus, walked circles in my classroom, walked out to the playground after recess, walked to the library and computer lab, walked to assemblies, to the office, to the workroom and lunchroom and to my car and back. 

Oh my gosh, it's 8:21 pm.  What am I doing up?  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment