Total Pageviews

Monday, October 8, 2012

B I N G O !

     Kids love candy and I've definitely tapped into that.  I know.  I'm guilty of perpetuating the food reward system that is very much a part of all of us.  We eat when we're happy, we eat when we're sad and need comforting, and we eat for everything in between.  I justify my candy rewards with the fact that my students get ONE Starburst or ONE Skittle or ONE Hershey's Kiss when they win.  I sandwich in the rewards of a stamp on the hand and a "smelly sticker" (candy flavored lip balm that is rubbed on the back of a hand brings smiles like you'd never believe) to assuage my guilt.  Let's face it, if we played Bingo and I said they could have an apple when they win, I'd get a nice view of scrunched up faces and moans.
     Students in first grade LOVE playing games.  If it weren't for games, learning anything wouldn't be very fun or memorable.  I'm always making something on the computer for the kids to do, like the game of Bingo. I never save my files, just print and use, then I lose it, and have to make it again the next time.
     Not anymore!  Since I discovered Pinterest and through Pinterest, Teachers Pay Teachers (just recently), I've actually put a lot of thought into making sets of Bingo games (in my head) that would be easy for teachers and parents to do with kids.  I just have to make them on the computer, save them, fix errors, save again, upload to TpT, monkey around with thumbnails that won't generate, previews that won't work, and link the listing to Pinterest, my blog and Facebook (I'm not on Twitter...yet).
     So here it is...

     See, the thumbnail isn't there, so here's the jpeg: (the picture is not a link)

EnjoY!

  

1 comment: